Task: For this assignment, you will need to critically analyze a cultural or social issue that matters to you.
- Make the case for why this is a worthy issue and offer some solutions.
- Relate your topic to some of your life experiences.
- Support your ideas and arguments with at least 2 reliable sources (i.e. academic journal articles, books).
- 8-10 pages
- MLA format; 1 margins, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt (APA is acceptable but please check with me first)
- Word or RTF; I cannot open .pages
- I use Turnitin and other plagiarism prevention tools. Make sure you cite properly!
- Proper grammar, spelling, and syntax are a must!
Tools & Help:
- Our wonderful embedded librarian, Deborah Stanfield will help you with your research. Reach her via email She can meet with you in person or online. Dont hesitate to call on her. See also this page for help on evaluating the credibility of your sources: .
- The also has online tutoring appointments. You can also visit the in Macon or Cochran.
- I chose to analyze a cultural or social issue.
- My title is compelling. (i.e. it is not Critical Thinking Paper)
- My introduction clearly states what my topic is and presents my thesis statement or research question.
- My arguments are supported by research from reliable sources.
- I use quotes to support my ideas. The quotes I use are not too long and there are not too many of them.
- I do not simply report on my chosen topic, nor do I just give my opinion about it. I analyze evidence and interpret information and data.
- My paper is organized, and my arguments move from one to the other with proper transitions.
- I have a Works Cited page in MLA or APA format.
- I have used Microsoft spellcheck and grammar check or Grammarly to minimize typos and grammar/spelling errors.
- My paper respects the conventions of MLA or APA.
- My paper respects the length requirement (8-10 pages).