Assignment 1: Captain of the Ship Project Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
In earlier weeks, you were introduced to the concept of the captain of the ship. In this Assignment, you become the captain of the ship once again as you provide treatment recommendations and identify medical management, community support resources, and follow-up plans for a client with a schizophrenia spectrum/other psychotic disorder.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Select an adult or older adult client with a schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorder you have seen in your practicum.
In 34 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
- Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
- Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
- Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
- Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
- Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.